Saturday, January 4, 2014

Take Down the Fences!

For years I've said that life is all about decisions. The good.. the bad and all of the outcomes. I personally try to learn from my decisions, but that doesn't mean I have always made the right decision.

Today I came across this pic posted on LinkedIn (see below). It made me think about decisions again, but in a broader scope. See... admittedly, I have a hard time with decisions where I am not confident that I can predict the outcome. Decisions involving risk seem to be the most difficult. You get to a point in your life where you can sit back and go..

 Ok... I got this. I have control over my life.  Maybe so much control is not a life fully lived?

There is a great quote by: Kenneth S. Davis - "Any life truly lived is a risky business, and if one puts up too many fences against the risks one ends by shutting out life itself."

This quote can definitely be applied to the bullets in this picture. This quote can definitely be applied to the difficulty of letting go control and allowing yourself to make decisions in the face of all the risks ahead.

Decisions, Outcomes, Learning.... move forward and take down the fences!!!!

Hmmm...  sounds like a good new year resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment